Are you stuck trying to make your email marketing work for you and your brand? Chances are, you might not have considered using customer testimonials!
Customer testimonials and feedback act as social proof for your business, thus serving as motivators to get newer customers to check out your business.
Unfortunately, many marketers forget to utilize testimonials and feedback, and lose out on what customers truly want from businesses. But it’s never too late to get the ball rolling again!
In this article, we’ll discuss how customer testimonials and feedback can be beneficial to your email marketing strategy. So, if you’re ready to rejuvenate your brand’s email marketing, read on!
What Testimonials And Feedback Do For You
First and foremost, testimonials and feedback are more beneficial than you think! In fact, customer testimonials and feedback let you accomplish the following:
– Adds humanity (a human face) to your brand
– Challenges any naysayers by providing evidence of successful case studies
– Helps you build credibility for your brand
– Helps you create a successful brand story
– Helps you spot key benefits in your product or service
– Introduces social anxiety to where people can’t be caught dead without interacting with your product or service
– Let’s you compare and contrast with competitors, AND
– Makes your market identifiable to both you and your customers
The possibilities are endless, when taking customer testimonials and feedback into consideration.
Here are 5 ways you can use customer testimonials and feedback to make your email marketing shine for your brand!
Ask Customers For Input
Before asking for input, you should first take customers through the marketing funnel. The marketing funnel consists of the following stages:
– The Awareness stage is when people receive your first email. In the first email, you’re introducing email recipients to your brand.
– The Interest stage is when you share more information about your brand, in regards to your products, services, etc.
– The Desire stage is when people become well-aware of your brand.
– The Action stage happens when people either buy something or make a donation to your cause; and in turn, your brand sends customers any stories, updates, etc.
Of all the stages, the Action stage would be a good time for you and your brand to ask for feedback on what was great and what can be improved.
A welcome email acts as your brand’s “first impression” to new email recipients. Therefore, you’ll need to look and feel inviting to recipients, so that they get a chance to digest who you are and what you can do. The best way to create a welcome email is to show respect and build credibility:
– First, don’t approach customers hastily with any sales or pleas for donations. Instead, let your customers decide if whether or not they should act.
– Then, be transparent on what your company is about, and what you can offer.
As you show respect and build your credibility, you can add a customer testimonial or feedback in your welcome emails.
Sometimes, existing customers will forget to check back with you, or they’ll hesitate before returning your emails. If this happens, then give them a friendly nudge. How? By creating reactivation emails.
Topol.io suggests these 6 ways in rekindling people’s interest in your brand with
– Sharing your multiple social media handles
– Personalizing emails
– Create a winning subject line
– Know exactly when to send these emails
– Get to the point, AND
– Don’t forget to say “thank you”
Mini Product Reviews
Even short product reviews can get people’s attention. In fact, most people will only glance at opinions and reviews online. In other words, they don’t have time to read lengthy product reviews anymore.
Video Reviews And Testimonials
Finally, people love to watch videos. That’s why it’s important to incorporate video testimonials into your email marketing strategy. Videos like these can greatly impact other customers to where they don’t ever want to miss out on interacting with your brand.
We hope that this guide has shown you how customer testimonials and feedback can impact your business for the better. By taking people’s testimonials and feedback into consideration, you’re not only showing off how relevant your brand is, but you’re also showing social proof of your brand’s successe
Want more email marketing inspiration? TOPOL.io is your go-to source for creating the best email templates for your business!